DD-214 Filings

Veterans are encouraged to record their discharge papers with the County Clerk for safekeeping and proof of service for Veterans Administration Benefits.

These records are filed as a courtesy to our Veterans, there is no charge to file a DD Form 214 and our office provides two free certified copies of the record at the time of filing. Veterans may file their military discharge papers with the County Clerk's Office located at the Courthouse at 84th and Highway 370.

At our office, access by the public is restricted.  If you need to obtain a certified copy of your filed DD-214, call 402-593-5957 for instructions.  


Additional Copies

If additional certified copies are needed, the County Clerk will provide them at no charge in recognition of their service. The veteran will need to provide his/her full name at time of enlistment and a current form of government issued picture ID with their birth date - such as driver's license, military ID or passport. Military discharge records cannot be provided to anyone except the veteran him/herself.

Deceased Veterans

If the veteran is deceased, please contact the Veteran's office at 402- 593-2203 and they will assist you in obtaining the veteran's records.