Marriage Licenses

Marriage Licenses button


Please apply in person with your fiancé to obtain a Marriage License. This link is form fill or you may print and fill out the Marriage Worksheet (PDF).

Bring the completed worksheet, $34 cash or card, and your current valid government issued photo identification (drivers license, state ID or passport).

Couples may get an application mailed to them by calling 402-593-5957 or email the Clerk.

Need a Certified Copy of Your Marriage License by Mail?

Complete the Application for Marriage Record (PDF).

Contact a Judge for a Marriage Ceremony

Contact a Sarpy County Judge for a Marriage Ceremony:

Sarpy County Judge Freeman
Phone: 402-593-2175
Sarpy County Judge Martinez
Phone: 402-431-2622
Ceremonies performed in either English or Spanish
Sarpy County Judge Moore
Phone: 402-593-2217
Sarpy County Judge Wester
Phone: 402-315-8134

If needed, you can contact Douglas County at 402-444-5428 or 402-444-5429 for availability of County Judges in Douglas County.

just marriedChanging Your Name

This is a personal decision. You may choose to keep your name but if you decide to change your name legally, you should do the paperwork as soon as possible after you're married (or after your honeymoon). Following is a list of what may need to be updated. Many entities will require you to present a certified copy of your marriage license as proof of legal status to make your name change:

  • Banks and Credit Union and Investment Accounts
  • Car Insurance
  • Church Records
  • Credit Cards and Files
  • Deeds and Property Titles
  • Drivers License
  • Homeowner's Insurance
  • IRS Forms
  • Life Insurance
  • Mail and Newspaper Subscriptions
  • Medical and Dental Records
  • Mortgage
  • Passport
  • Social Security Card
  • Vehicle Registration
  • Voter Registration