Provide courteous, accurate, and professional assistance to Sarpy County Veterans, their dependents, and surviving spouses in applying for federal, state, and county benefits. Advocate for veterans' benefits throughout federal, state, and local government agencies. Represent Sarpy County Veterans in local communities and veterans organizations and serve as a liaison between the claimants, Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), and Nebraska DVA throughout the claims process.
Benefits, Services & Programs
The Sarpy County Veterans Services Office staff provide individual confidential counseling and assistance to veterans and their families in applying for federal, state, and county veterans programs and benefits. Federal veterans benefits include:
- Burial benefits
- Home loans
- Non-service disability pension
- Service-connected disability compensation
- The GI Bill and other education benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation
Nebraska veterans programs include:
- Admittance to a Nebraska Veterans Home
- Emergency financial assistance from the Veterans' Aid Fund (specific residency and character of discharge apply)
- Homestead exemption
- Waiver of tuition
Eligibility for county veterans benefits requires Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) active duty service in specific periods; contact the office to learn more about service period eligibility requirements.