Sarpy County Visitation Rules & Regulations
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 9:00am, 10:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1:00pm, 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00am and 10:00am
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- NO FOOD, DRINKS OR CELL PHONES ARE PERMITTED IN THE WAITING AREA OR VISITATION AREA
- Visitors MUST be signed in thirty (30) minutes prior to the visitation time. If you arrive/sign in after that time, you will have to wait until the next hour to visit. A maximum of ten (10) visits will take place each hour on a first come, first served basis.
- Inmates are allowed two (2) one-hour visits per week, to be scheduled on separate days, Monday through Thursday. Last name letters do not apply. These days are listed above and exclude holidays. Visitation may be cancelled in cases of severe weather or other INCIDENTS. (There are no make-up days).
- If two (2) or more people are coming to visit, the hour must be split and coordinated among the visitors.
- Minor visitors (under the age of eighteen) will be allowed to visit an inmate under the following regulations:
- The visitor is the inmate’s spouse (must provide an original marriage license prior to visiting).
- The names of the children visiting must be on the inmate’s visitation list.
- Children must be accompanied by their biological parent or legal guardian and under adult supervision at all times. An original birth certificate with a raised seal is required for children under the age of eighteen (18); the legal guardian’s name must appear on the birth certificate OR legal guardians must provide current legal documentation stating guardianship.
- No more than two (2) children, per visitor, shall be allowed in the visitation room at one time. If more than two (2) children are visiting, the visit must be split. A parent or legal guardian must remain in the visiting area with minor children during the entire visit and a responsible individual must remain with any additional children in the waiting area.
- A valid government issued photo I.D. (driver’s license, state ID or passport) is required when signing in to visit.
- Your name must be on the inmate’s visiting list; if not, you will not be allowed to visit. It is the inmate’s responsibility to notify those individuals on his/her authorized visitor list. Staff will not release information regarding an inmate’s authorized visitor list.
- ANY VISITOR CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE VISITING ROOM WILL BE CRIMINALLY CHARGED AND PROHIBITED FROM FUTURE VISITS. This includes, but is not limited to, scratching, carving, writing on or otherwise marring the counter surface and/or painted window ledges.
- Visitors are not allowed to take any items into visitation! This includes but is not limited to writing instruments, paper, electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, games, etc.), weapons, photographs, purses, brief cases, etc.
- All personal property must be secured in a locker or in your vehicle.
- Medically authorized prosthetic appliances, such as wheelchairs, crutches, canes, or artificial limbs are permitted.
- Prescription medication that may be needed immediately will be allowed, but must be in its original container.
- Dress Code: The Receptionist’s decision on attire is final. Specific guidelines for attire have been established. Any person wearing attire deemed to be inappropriate will not be permitted into the facility for visitation. Attire deemed to be inappropriate include but are not limited to the following:
- See through, sheer or translucent clothing
- Shorts, skirts and/or dresses that are more than three (3) inches above the knee
- Halter tops, tube tops, crop tops, backless tops, low cut shirts, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, swim suits, swim cover-ups, spaghetti string tied tops or other clothing revealing bare shoulders or midriff
- Tights and leggings unless worn under appropriate clothing
- Hats, caps or scarves (Religious or medical exceptions may be considered)
- No heavy winter coats of any kind
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn
- Conduct During Visit: All visiting sessions are monitored. Lewd conduct or disruptive behavior, by either the inmate or visitor, will result in termination of the visit and the visitor's removal from the inmate's visitor list.
Parking spaces are limited during our construction phase! Please reference the map below for guidance on approved parking areas. We thank you in advance for your patience during this time!