Records Request / Crash Report

Records Request

The Sarpy County Sheriff's Office works closely with the Sarpy County Attorney's Office in the release of records.  Active investigation reports cannot be released.  Properly written requests and/or legal demands (i.e., subpoenas) are needed to complete a records request.  Verification of loss reports for theft cases can be released to involved parties and/or his/her insurance company or attorney.  

Please follow the link to complete the Sheriff Records Request Form to have a request processed.

Crash Reports

If you need to obtain a copy of the completed crash report, you may do so through the website.  If you are involved in a motor vehicle crash, you may file your crash report through the State of Nebraska Online Crash Reporting website. Crash Docs Opens in new window

If you are involved in a motor vehicle crash:

  • Stop vehicle at the scene of the crash or as close as possible.
  • Assist the injured if aid is necessary or requested and notify emergency authorities.
  • Use flares, reflectors, flashlights to alert traffic from all directions.
  • Exchange information with the other drivers to include: 
    • Driver's license number
    • Insurance information
    • License plate number
    • Make, model, and year of the vehicle
    • Name, address, and telephone number
  • If you hit an unattended vehicle, contact the proper authorities and provide written information as outlined above where the owner can find it.
  • Obtain the names and addresses of witnesses.
  • Do not leave the scene of the crash until released by proper authorities.
  • Complete a Driver's Motor Vehicle Accident Report and send it to the Department of Transportation within ten days if any person is injured or killed, or damage appears to exceed $1,000 for any vehicle or piece of property.
  • Failure to report a crash as required is unlawful and persons in violation shall be guilty of Class II or III misdemeanor and may have their license or privilege to drive revoked.