Traffic Citation Options

If you received a traffic citation, there are several ways you can handle the citation.

  1. Attend a STOP Class with the Sarpy County Safety Program.  More information can be found on the STOP Class Website.
  2. Pay the fine online through the Nebraska Citation Payment Website.
  3. Appear in court on the date and time listed on the citation.
  4. If you received a citation in Sarpy County for not having registration or proof of insurance, you can provide proof of registration or insurance electronically to get your citation dismissed.
    • Go to and follow the form to submit your proof electronically.
    • NOTE: You must do this within 10 days of receiving your citation.  You will receive a confirmation email when your citation is declined.  If you do not receive a confirmation email, your ticket has not been declined and you must either appear in court or pay the fine.
    • If you have questions, call the Sarpy County Attorney's Office at 402-593-2230.