Accounts Payable Division works under the direction of the County Clerk/Chief Deputy and is responsible for processing all claims against the County in a timely manner. Duties include:
- Accounts Payable data entry for all County departments.
- Review claims to ensure they are paid from the correct budget line item and within the budgeted dollar amount.
- Maintain, prepare and distribute yearly W-9 forms to venders in accordance IRS regulations
Prepare and distributes the Accounts Payable reports to be forwarded to the Treasurer, who moves funds to pay claims for the County Board.
*Payments will be issued in a manner to maintain the credit worthiness of the County and to take advantage of all available discounts. Accounts Payable is the primary contact for all Vendor inquiries regarding payment of invoices.
Claims / Warrants
Deadline for claims submission is end-of-day Monday. These payments will be made following the next Sarpy County Board meeting (eight days later). If the Monday falls on a holiday, the deadline will be the previous Friday at the end of the day.
Claims; directed by Resolution 2021-168 include:
- Payroll and related employee reimbursements
- Utilities [OPPD, Black Hills Energy, M.U.D.]
- Lease Payments
- Contract and/or other installment payments which have been contracted for or authorized by action of the Board.
- Claims submitted in accordance with approved budget documents and policies and procedures established by the Sarpy County Board of Commissioners. **NEW**
- Expenses associated with jurors of the various courts and attorney fees and expenses ordered by a judge in the usual and customary manner.
- Payments that are in accordance with Sarpy County's current Written Standards of Eligibility and Assistance for General Assistance for the Poor.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to email: email@example.com
Links / Forms
W-9 Form for vendors
Riley Gimeson, Accounting Specialist II
Tammy Drucker, Accounting Specialist II
Federal Employer ID # 47-6006504