Military and Overseas Voters
Nebraska residents currently living outside of the United States can register to vote and apply for early voting ballots at the same time by filling out a Federal Post Card Application from the Federal Voting Assistance Program website. Applications should be sent to the Election Commission as soon as possible each year. Military and Overseas ballots will be mailed at least 45 days prior to each statewide election. If you feel that the 45 days will not be sufficient time to receive, vote and return your ballot by mail back to the Sarpy County Election Commission, you may fill out the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) from the Federal Voting Assistance Program website.
Uniformed & Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act
Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) is a federal law requiring local election jurisdictions to make special efforts in providing absentee ballots to Military and Overseas American citizens.
Members of the Armed Forces and American Citizens who are overseas have several options regarding voting. Please visit the following links to learn more and download special registration and request forms:
- Federal Postcard Early Voting Application (FPCA): This is a link to the Federal Postcard Early Voting Application to be used by Military and Overseas Voters. This application for early voting ballots would apply for all elections within the current calendar year.
- Federal Voting Assistance Program(FVAP): This is a U.S. Government website which provides federal guidelines and information regarding Military and Overseas voting.
- Nebraska Revised Statute § 32-939: This is the Nebraska state law pertaining to Nebraska residents residing outside of the state or country, members of Nebraska National Guard in active service, and electors and citizens outside of the country.
- Nebraska Secretary of State - Military Voters - The Nebraska Secretary of State’s website provides important information for Military Voters.
- Nebraska Secretary of State - Overseas Voters - The Nebraska Secretary of State’s website provides important voter information for Nebraska Citizens temporarily residing overseas.