The Sarpy County Election Commission will begin mailing early voting ballots today.
Roughly 3,053 voters have requested to vote early. Ballots will be mailed daily as additional requests are received and verified. The deadline to request an early voting ballot is 6 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 28.
“I would like to remind voters that their ballots must be returned in the official return envelope provided, and the envelope must be signed,” said Sarpy County Election Commissioner Emily Ethington.
Voters can return their ballots in a number of ways, including via mail (postage required), in person at the Sarpy County Election Commission Office, or by using one of the seven secure election drop boxes located across the county.
Drop box locations:
• 1102 E 1 St., Papillion (northwest corner of the Sarpy County 1102 Building parking lot)
• 1102 E 1 St., Papillion (west doors of the Sarpy County 1102 Building)
• 1248 Golden Gate Dr., Papillion (Sarpy County Courthouse Campus parking lot)
• 1003 Lincoln Rd., Bellevue (Bellevue Public Library parking lot)
• 215 Enterprise Dr., Gretna (Gretna Ace Hardware parking lot, formerly the McKinney's Food Center parking lot)
• 7701 S. 96th Street, La Vista (La Vista Police Department parking lot)
• 153 S. 1st Street, Springfield (one block south of Springfield Community Center)
All ballots must be received by the Sarpy County Election Commission, either at the office or at one of the drop box locations, by 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 8. Early ballots cannot be returned at polling sites on Election Day.
Early in-person voting will start Tuesday, Oct. 11 at the Sarpy County Election Commission Office, and all polling sites will be open on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Sarpy residents should call 402-593-2167 with any questions related to early voting.
Access the Early Voting Ballot Application here.